As a new mom, I am learning the importance of creating boundaries and enforcing rules. I am to be a leader and find new ways to motivate my little one to want to comply. How is that possible? How can I conduct myself in a manner to which she will eagerly choose to do what is expected? What can I do to give her a cause, reason or meaning to her daily actions?
The role in my professional life is also expecting the same critical thought. As a team leader, I must ask myself what expectations I am setting. I must determine what I am doing to help inspire those around me to make positive change that reinforce the vision and mission. This is no easy feat.
The secret is not to do this alone.
In the case of my daughter, I have to find out from her what motivates her. I need to determine of the things that motivate her, what can be utilized to help her understand boundaries and comply with rules. As she ages and develops a greater understanding, I can then begin to provide more reasoning behind the rules and regulations.
As a team leader, I can look to those on my team to find out what motivates and inspires them. Some may be inspired by ideals such as work ethic and achievement. Others may be motivated and inspired by growth and ultimately the bottom dollar in their pocket. Still others may be motivated by the legacy they are leaving behind.
Nevertheless, to be effective at providing the inspiration is found in the charismatic transformational leadership style. I have to help those on my team come together and see the gains we are making as a team. We need to form a significance in why we do what we do. We need to join together and make our vision stronger. We need to continue to develop meaningful connections and improve on them daily.
It may not be easy, but it will be well worth it- both personally and professionally.
No comments:
Post a Comment