As for the comparison between Yukl and Kanter. There were no glaring differences in their statements, however, Kanter was able to provide some very specific examples to compliment the words of Yukl. There is a unified understanding that a glass ceiling has been in the workplace for many years and it has some underlying beliefs that women tend to be more interested in their family and less willing to take risk. As a new mom, I understand how much a woman loves her child. That being said, my husband loves her too. We both work and we both deserve equal compensation for the work that we complete on a daily basis. We also deserve equal opportunity for qualified positions. In my work experience, I have been provided multiple opportunities for advancement. I feel this is a reflection of my work ethic, my professionalism, and my educational background. When you find a woman that is driven and empowered to succeed no matter what obstacles she may face, that is a woman that is going to go far. Great women in history have overcome amazing obstacles as leaders and our world is better for their leadership. I may never go down in the history books for being a great leader, but I will try to help pave the way for my daughter to have a limitless future ahead.
References:
Kanter, M. (2010,April). Women, Ambition and (Still) the Pay Gap. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhquUOlBuOY&feature=youtu.be&t=5s
Yukl, G. (2013). Leadership in organizations
(8th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
No comments:
Post a Comment